Hello, happy Wednesday! I have a bright and fun trio of birthday bus cards for you today featuring a mix of products from Avery Elle, Lawn Fawn and Neat & Tangled. Two of the birthday cards are very similar, with the third mounted on a slightly different background.
Birthday Bus Cards Tutorial
Starting out with an A6 white card panel, I masked off the top half with some Post-It tape. I then blended on some Distress Oxide ink in Twisted Citroen and Mowed Lawn through the Neat & Tangled Tree Duo Stencil, keeping the layering light. I finished off with a light dusting of Broken China to give the slight impression of sky at the very top.
On another two A6 white top folding card bases, I masked off a wide band towards the top of the card. This time I blended on some Fossilised Amber and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide Ink through the MFT Radiating Rays stencil, keeping the layers light and concentrating the darkest colour at the bottom centre.
Then, I set these aside to dry and stamped out three of the buses and six of the clouds from the Avery Elle Birthday Bus set in some MFT Black Licorice Hybrid Ink. Next, I coloured these in bright school colours with my alcohol markers and cut them out with the coordinating dies.
After that, I cut the green panel down and used some craft foam to attach it to a card base. I then popped up the buses on some foam tape and adhered them to the background, adhering the clouds directly to the panels to make it look like exhaust fumes. I know from my experience, these type of buses aren’t exactly environmentally friendly!
The sentiment included in the set wasn’t long enough for what I needed so I pulled out the HAPPY BIRTHDAY from the Lawn Fawn Simply Sentiment set. On the sunrise backgrounds I stamped this above the scenes and below on the forest scene. I finished off with a little heart at the end of the sentiment using some Lawn Fawn Lobster Ink.
A fun set of Birthday Bus Cards that could be masculine or feminine, or given to an adult or a child. I think I like the forest background best – what’s your favourite?
Please see below for information on the supplies used in this post. Please note, affiliate links* are used at no cost to you!
- Avery Elle Birthday Bus Stamps and Coordinating Dies
- Lawn Fawn Simply Sentiments Stamps (Simon Says Stamp*, Seven Hills Crafts)
- Neat & Tangled Tree Duo Stencil
- My Favorite Things Radiating Rays Stencil (Simon Says Stamp*, Seven Hills Crafts)
- Heffy Doodle Alcohol Marker Friendly Cardstock (Heffy Doodle, Simon Says Stamp*)
- Lawn Fawn Jet Black Ink (Simon Says Stamp*, Seven Hills Crafts)
- Mowed Lawn Distress Ink (Simon Says Stamp*)
- Twisted Citron Distress Ink (Simon Says Stamp*)
- Fossilized Amber Distress Ink (Simon Says Stamp*)
- Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink (Simon Says Stamp*)