Christmas Tags Tutorial
I made some matching tags for my featured Christmas Cards this year using the tag from the Mini Essentials Die set along with a bunch of stamp sets: Teacher’s Pet, Santa’s Village, Elfish Antics and Wanna Build a Snowman. It’s a great way to jazz up your Christmas presents!
As usual, I stamped these in some Lawn Fawn Jellyfish ink which is great for no-line colouring, and coloured the scene in with my Copic markers with a finishing touch of coloured pencil, white gel pen and a little Lawn Fawn Twine. All the tags feature the Slade-inspired sentiment from the Elfish Antics stamp set.
My first tag features the Christmas tree from the Wanna Build a Snowman set. To get the look of a pine tree, use lots of thin brush strokes and build up the darker colour around the decorations and tiers. Multiple white dots of different sizes help to give that realistic snow effect!
I think the Santa card is my most favourite of the three tags. I used the bottom half of the male bear from the Teacher’s Pet stamp set and drew in the chimney and roof. This one is also a sneak peak of my next card in my Scene Colouring series, so stay posted! 🙂
This tag features one of the snowman from the Wanna Build a Snowman stamp set. The darker background really helps to make the lighter body stand out!
Please see below for information on the supplies used in this post. Please note, affiliate links* are used at no cost to you!
- Heffy Doodle Santa’s Village dies (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Elfish Antics stamps (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Teacher’s Pet stamps (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Wanna Build a Snowman stamps (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle More Classic Sentiments stamps (Heffy Doodle, Simon Says Stamp*)
- Heffy Doodle Classic Sentiments stamps (Heffy Doodle, Simon Says Stamp*)
- Heffy Doodle Alcohol Marker Friendly Cardstock (Heffy Doodle, Simon Says Stamp*)
- Lawn Fawn Jellyfish Ink (Seven Hills Crafts, Simon Says Stamp*)