I took a break from whole card scenes for this next card in my Scene Colouring series over on the Heffy Doodle blog, instead using a die to highlight a particular portion of a scene. It’s a great way to add an element to a card and as a bonus, doesn’t take as long as colouring a whole panel! My wedding-themed just married congrats card today features the Happily Ever Crafter stamp set, along with the Congrats Heffy Cut, Classic Sentiments Stamp, Scribble on My Heart stencil and a Stitched Hearts die.
Just Married Congrats Card Tutorial
I started out with a piece of alcohol marker friendly cardstock by lightly tracing around one of the Stitched Hearts dies to give me a rough idea when setting out the scene. I then stamped out the bride and groom in the centre in some Lawn Fawn Jellyfish ink (perfect for no-line colouring!), using a little masking paper to mask of the bride’s head and arm.
This next part is where you can let your creative licence run free! I chose to set the scene on the steps of a building so lightly pencilled in some general guidelines for the doors, steps and stones. Don’t forget to erase most of the lines so they don’t get trapped underneath the alcohol ink.
And to the fun part – the Copic colouring! With people, I always start with their faces to get an idea as to how dark the background needs to be. I then worked my way around the scene, making sure to cover the area I traced with the heart die. I then die cut it with the heart die and added some extra, finer details with my coloured pencils.
For the background, I blended on some Spun Sugar Distress Ink in a gradient over the Scribble on My Heart stencil. I die cut the ‘congrats’ sentiment from some cardstock I had blended Spun Sugar and Worn Lipstick, adding a few shadows and highlights with my pencils to give some more definition.
The final touch was to stamp the ‘just married’ sentiment from the Classic Sentiments stamp set.
This design can be used to spotlight any scene!
Please see below for information on the supplies used in this post. Please note, affiliate links* are used at no cost to you!
- Heffy Doodle Happily Ever Crafter stamps (Heffy Doodle, Simon Says Stamp*)
- Heffy Doodle Congrats die (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Scribble on my Heart Stencil (Heffy Doodle, Simon Says Stamp*)
- Heffy Doodle Classic Sentiments stamps (Heffy Doodle, Simon Says Stamp*)
- Heffy Doodle Stitched Hearts dies (Heffy Doodle)
- Spun Sugar Distress Oxide Ink (Seven Hills Crafts, Simon Says Stamp*)
- Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide Ink (Seven Hills Crafts, Simon Says Stamp*)
- MISTI Stamping Tool (Simon Says Stamp*)
- Heffy Memo Tape Dispenser (Simon Says Stamp*, Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Glubert Adhesive (Heffy Doodle, Simon Says Stamp*)