I’m back on the Seven Hills Crafts blog today with some more Peek-a-Boo Birthday Topper bookmarks! The lockdowns have really depleted my niece’s reading supplies, so I thought I would colour up the Avery Elle Peek-a-Boo Birthday Tag Topper dies and create some bookmarks.
Peek-a-Boo Birthday Topper Bookmarks Tutorial
I started out by die cutting the characters from some blending cardstock. I then used my Copic markers to add some colour to them, making sure to colour around the edge of the die cuts so that there were no white edges on show.
I then chose some coordinating cardstocks from Lawn Fawn – Mermaid, Raspberry and No 2 Pencil – to cut some of the main strips for the bookmarks. I also cut another set of the characters so that I could hide the back of the colouring and reinforce the die cuts.
I stencilled on some details onto the otherwise plain cardstock with the Newton’s Nook Serene Stripes Stencil and some Distress Inks.
Stick them altogether and you get a set of quick and easy bookmarks! I will be laminating them to give them a bit more longevity, though they’re easier to photograph before! I can already tell that the pink unicorn will be my niece’s favourite!
Please see below for information on the supplies used in this post. Please note, affiliate links* are used at no cost to you!
- Avery Elle Peek-a-Boo Birthday Tag Topper dies (Seven Hills Crafts)
- Newton’s Nook Serene Stripes Stencil (Seven Hills Crafts, Simon Says Stamp*)
- Heffy Doodle Alcohol Marker Friendly Cardstock (Heffy Doodle, Simon Says Stamp*)
- Candied Apple Distress Ink (Simon Says Stamp*)
- Fossilized Amber Distress Ink (Simon Says Stamp*)
- Tumbled Glass Distress Ink (Simon Says Stamp*)