It’s that time of year when we need to send some appreciation to teachers, especially after this past year. I combined the Teacher’s Pet stamp set with the Rascal Alphabetters stamps and dies, along with the Aint so Plaid stencil to create this scholastic scene over on the Heffy Doodle blog today!
Thank You Teacher Card Tutorial
I started out by stamping the elements from the Teacher’s Pet set onto some alcohol marker friendly cardstock with some Lawn Fawn Jet Black ink. I coloured them in with my Copic markers, sticking to the blue and purple colour scheme of the school. I cut them out with the coordinating dies.
To ground the elements, I used two different methods: a die cut sentiment and a stencilled background. I used some Tumbled Glass over the Aint so Plaid stencil to add a little interest to the background. I love Tumbled Glass for this!
I die cut the ‘THANK YOU!’ sentiment from the Rascal Alphabetters dies in some purple cardstock. Some white pigment ink really helps to define the stamped letters when you stamp them on darker cardstock.
Arranging the scene was easy with a little help from Glubert!
Please see below for information on the supplies used in this post. Please note, affiliate links* are used at no cost to you!
- Heffy Doodle Teacher’s Pet stamps (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Teacher’s Pet coordinating dies (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Ain’t So Plaid Stencil (Heffy Doodle, Simon Says Stamp*)
- Heffy Doodle Alcohol Marker Friendly Cardstock (Heffy Doodle, Simon Says Stamp*)
- Lawn Fawn Jet Black Ink (Seven Hills Crafts, Simon Says Stamp*)
- Heffy Doodle Glubert Adhesive (Heffy Doodle, Simon Says Stamp*)
- Heffy Doodle Rascal Alphabetters stamps (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Rascal Alphabetters dies (Heffy Doodle)
- Tumbled Glass Distress Ink (Simon Says Stamp*)