I’m back on the Heffy Doodle blog today with this coloured scene card featuring one of my most favourite stamp sets: the Happy Snappy Crocs! I love these guys so I’ve created a party croc with the Pandtastic Painters and Party Palooza sets!
Party Croc Birthday Card Tutorial
Firstly, I decided to do some stencilling for this card so I Heffy Taped the Messy Desk stencil to an A6 white card panel in preparation for some ink blending.
I knew Mr Croc would be green so I chose pink and purple (opposite on the colour wheel) for a contrasting background. Picked Raspberry and Seedless Preserves were a good choice and I used ordinary Distress Inks for the vibrancy.
I then stamped out the croc from the Happy Snappy Crocs set onto some alcohol marker friendly cardstock using some Lawn Fawn Jet Black ink. I coloured him in with my Copics in my usual snappy way, adding in some dotting to give a little texture to his scales. I chose some creative accessories from the Pandtastic Painters set and coloured them in a coordinating pink/purple, die cutting them all out.
The background looked too ‘flat’ so I added in some dimension with my coloured pencils, just using a white and black pencil to depict the highlights and shadows.
I built the sentiment by die cutting the Party Heffy Cuts twice from some green card stock, stacking and adding some shading the same markers I coloured in the croc with. I completed the sentiment by stamping out the ‘It’s time to’ from the Party Palooza set.
A bright and happy way to wish someone a happy, snappy birthday! 🙂
Please see below for information on the supplies used in this post. Please note, affiliate links* are used at no cost to you!
- Heffy Doodle Happy Snappy Crocs stamps (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Happy Snappy Crocs dies (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Party Palooza stamps (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Pandtastic Painters stamps (Heffy Doodle, Simon Says Stamp*)
- Heffy Doodle Pandtastic Painters dies (Heffy Doodle, Simon Says Stamp*)
- Heffy Doodle Party Heffy Cuts (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Alcohol Marker Friendly Cardstock (Heffy Doodle, Simon Says Stamp*)
- Lawn Fawn Jet Black Ink (Seven Hills Crafts, Simon Says Stamp*)