I’m back on the Seven Hills Crafts blog today with a duo of bright and happy picture perfect birthday cards, featuring the Picture Perfect and Picture Perfect Party Animals stamp sets. These sets are super for creating scenes, simply by stamping multiples on the card base. They’re also great for just getting in some colouring time!
Picture Perfect Birthday Cards Tutorials
Firstly, I started out by stamping three lots of the photo card stamps arranged across the card base in some Lawn Fawn Jet Black Ink. I kept the central image as the one on top so stamped this one out first, masking it off and then stamping the next two.
Next, I chose some bright, celebratory coloured markers to colour the images in. A tip here is to start with the backgrounds to make sure you don’t catch any of the bright colours and drag them into the sky! I always find some kind of gradient in the background gives more interest than a flat colour. Adding some light grey shading helps to give that 3D effect to the photos.
Finally, I finished off the cards by stamping out a simple ‘happy birthday’ from the Mama Elephant Birthday Messages stamp under the central photo.
Please see below for information on the supplies used in this post. Please note, affiliate links* are used at no cost to you!
- My Favorite Things Picture Perfect stamps (Simon Says Stamp*, Seven Hills Crafts)
- My Favorite Things Picture Perfect Party Animals stamps (Simon Says Stamp*, Seven Hills Crafts)
- Mama Elephant Merry Messages stamps (Simon Says Stamp*, Seven Hills Crafts)
- Heffy Doodle Alcohol Marker Friendly Cardstock (Heffy Doodle, Simon Says Stamp*)
- Lawn Fawn Jet Black Ink (Simon Says Stamp*, Seven Hills Crafts)