Hello! I’m back again on the Heffy Doodle blog with a bit more clean and simple-ness for your Monday! Today’s card features the Superdudes and Wavy Banners Sentiments stamp sets and a three colour theme to create this bright and happy Super Celebrations Birthday Card.
Super Celebrations Birthday Card Tutorial
Firstly, I started off by stamping out the scene onto some alcohol marker friendly cardstock and some Lawn Fawn Jellyfish Ink. This is perfect for some no line colouring! Since the stamp had short hair, I simply lightly sketched out a bit of a mane that could fly behind her in the wind..
Next, I chose three colours for my colour scheme – purple, pink and green. I made sure to use at least three alcohol markers for each to get that dimension, which is really important for that no line look. Here’s a tip: don’t be afraid to go in with your coloured pencils to get finer details and boost the contrast between the highlights and shadows! I especially love to do this for all hair and facial features.
Finally, I filled in some more of the sparkle trail around the sentiment to finish of the card!
Please see below for information on the supplies used in this post. Please note, affiliate links* are used at no cost to you!
- Heffy Doodle Superdudes stamps (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Wavy Banner Sentiments stamps (Simon Says Stamp*, Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Wavy Banner Sentiments dies (Simon Says Stamp*, Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Alcohol Marker Friendly Cardstock (Heffy Doodle, Simon Says Stamp*)
- Lawn Fawn Jellyfish Ink (Simon Says Stamp*, Seven Hills Crafts)