Have you ever needed a simple background to ground some focal images on your card scene? I have a llamazing birthday card over on the Heffy Doodle blog today that uses the Llamazing Llamas stamp set with some ink blending and a stencil to add that little something to help frame your images!
Llamazing Birthday Card Tutorial
Firstly, I started off by stamping out the llama scene elements from the Heffy Doodle Llamazing Llamas stamp set onto some Alcohol Marker Friendly Cardstock using some Lawn Fawn Jet Black Ink. I put aside my usual no-line colouring favourite in favour of those thick, black lines to make them stand out from the colour. I coloured them in with my Copic markers, sticking broadly to a pink, orange, green and blue scheme. I die cut these with the coordinating dies.
Next: time to make the background scene to help ground the llamas.
You’ll need three things:
- a colour scheme: I chose some a bright combo of pink, orange, green and blue.
- a stencil: I used the Heffy Doodle Crosswalk stencil.
- some ink: I chose some Distress Oxide inks in Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, Twisted Citron and Peacock Feathers.
Using some Heffy Tape to mask off the areas I didn’t want inked, I inked four bands of colour across the top of the card.
Having created the background, I then arranged the die cuts with some glue and foam tape to give some dimension.
The finishing touch was to add a simple sentiment in the top strip. I used Versafine Clair Nocturne Ink and a sentiment from the Classic Sentiments stamp set.
Give it a go! This is perfect for quickly using up a stash of die cuts and you can personalise the card to match your recipient!
Please see below for information on the supplies used in this post. Please note, affiliate links* are used at no cost to you!
- Heffy Doodle Llamazing Llamas stamps (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Llamazing Llamas dies (Heffy Doodle, Simon Says Stamp*)
- Heffy Doodle Crosswalk Stencil (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Alcohol Marker Friendly Cardstock (Heffy Doodle, Simon Says Stamp*)
- Lawn Fawn Jet Black Ink (Seven Hills Crafts, Simon Says Stamp*)
- Tsukineko VersaFine Clair Nocturne Ink (Simon Says Stamp*, Seven Hills Crafts, Heffy Doodle)
- Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide Ink (Simon Says Stamp*, Seven Hills Crafts)
- Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxide Ink (Simon Says Stamp*, Seven Hills Crafts)
- Twisted Citron Distress Oxide Ink (Simon Says Stamp*, Seven Hills Crafts)
- Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide Ink (Seven Hills Crafts, Simon Says Stamp*)
- Copic Markers