I’m back again over on the Heffy Doodle blog with this handmade ‘thanks a bunch’ card, featuring a bunch of Heffy Doodle stamps: Two by Two Safari Animals, Wild at Heart Sentiments, Elephant of Surprise and Mane Squeeze. Add in the ‘thanks’ die from Slimline Scalloped Peekaboo, and this scene card is perfect to spread a little gratitude!
Thanks a Bunch Thanks Card Tutorial
I started with the Copic colouring for this one, stamping out the four animals in some Lawn Fawn Jellyfish ink onto some Alcohol Marker Friendly paper. I wanted a no-line colouring look for this one and this is my favourite ink/paper combo. I coloured them in with my Copic markers, added a few extra details in coloured pencil and then die cut them out with the coordinating dies using my new handy dandy Heffy Doodle Mini Die Cutting Machine.
Next, I focused on the background. I used the Unbeleafable stecil to brush on some Pine Needles Distress Ink. The first layer I went in nice and dark, though for the second layer I brushed off most of the ink first so I could get more feeling of depth.
The die cut sentiment is made up of three layers: two teal – one of these is inked up with a little Pine Needles Distress Ink – and one orangey/yellow, inked up with some Wild Honey Distress Ink. I adhered them slightly off-set to get a lovely layered effect.
After constructing the scene, I stamped out that additional statement ‘a bunch’ under the layered die cuts in some Versafine Clair Nocturne Ink.
Thanks for stopping by and give it a try!
Please see below for information on the supplies used in this post. Please note, affiliate links* are used at no cost to you!
- Heffy Doodle Elephant of Surprise stamps (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Elephant of Surprise dies (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Two By Two Safari Animals stamps (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Two By Two Safari Animals dies (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Unbeleafable Stencil (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Wild at Heart Sentiment stamps (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Alcohol Marker Friendly Cardstock (Heffy Doodle, Simon Says Stamp*)
- Lawn Fawn Jellyfish Ink (Seven Hills Crafts, Simon Says Stamp*)
- Pine Needles Distress Ink (Simon Says Stamp*)
- Wild Honey Distress Ink (Simon Says Stamp*)