The festive season is the perfect time to break out your supplies and experiment. Who says a Christmas card has to be red and cold with trees on top? Today’s card is about stretching some of your non-Christmas supplies and dusting off some of those lesser-used techniques. Featuring the Coffee Cup Shaker dies, some Sumer Holiday Patterned Paper and lots of sparkly sequins, this card template can be jazzed up for a set of shaker cards.
A Whole Mug of Hugs Shaker Card Tutorial
I started out by die cutting the main elements of the shaker card from some white card stock. The main elements included:
- An A6 sheet of patterned paper – I chose the wonderful blue dots from the Summer Holiday pack.
- A whole coffee cup die cut from a white A6 panel.
- Tonnes of sparkly sequins chosen from all of the Heffy Doodle mixes!
- A sheet of acetate.
- The cup holder, top and rim – I inked these up in matching blues with some Distress Inks in Salty Ocean and Chipped Sapphire.
The next step was assembly. I used a mixture of foam tape (the 3mm is perfect for the right shaker depth!) and Glubert liquid adhesive (just make sure you don’t smudge it all over the acetate layer!).
I added a sentiment onto the Coffee Cup Holder by white heat embossing a sentiment stamped using the Elfing Christmas Words stamps and Tea Time sentiment stamps.
Shake shake shake!
This design would look great in others colours and is a great way to use up your patterned paper scraps!
Please see below for information on the supplies used in this post. Please note, affiliate links* are used at no cost to you!
- Heffy Doodle Coffee Cup Shaker dies (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Tea Time Sentiment stamps (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Elfing Christmas Words stamps (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Hocus Pocus Sparkle Mix (Heffy Doodle)+
- Heffy Doodle Glubert Adhesive (Heffy Doodle, Simon Says Stamp*)
- Heffy Doodle Foam Adhesive Tape 3mm (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle 6×6 Patterned Paper Pad – Summer Holiday (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Mini Die Cutting Machine (Heffy Doodle)