It’s a llama kind of day today! Tallie here with you today and I used the Llamazing Llamas stamp set to create this bright and cheery birthday card! Mix llamas and rainbows and you have the perfect combo!
Birthday Llamas Card Tutorial
To start off, I created the striking rainbow background. I used the Crosswalk Stencil, masking off all but one stripe with some Heffy Tape. I selected some bright Distress Ink rainbow colours and took it in turns to ink the stencil up, clean it, move it down and continue on until I finished with the blue. I set that aside to dry whilst I worked on the focal elements.
I stamped out the llamas from Llamazing Llamas onto some Alcohol Marker Friendly Cardstock and some Lawn Fawn Jet Black ink. I then coloured in the llamas using my Copic markers, using some ‘c’ shapes to make the llamas look fluffy. I die cut them with the coordinating dies.
I die cut some plain white cardstock with a Slimline Scenery grass die to ground the scene. I cut once around the centre of the panel and just adhered the other right on top to save waste.
Some Gluebert and foam tape allowed me to create some dimension in the scene. I finished off with a Bold Banner Sentiment in the last rainbow colour.
A birght and bold card that I’m sure will put a smile on any recipient’s face!
Thanks for reading!
Please see below for information on the supplies used in this post. Please note, affiliate links* are used at no cost to you!
- Heffy Doodle Alcohol Marker Friendly Cardstock A5 (Heffy Doodle, Simon Says Stamp*)
- Lawn Fawn Jet Black Ink (Seven Hills Crafts, Simon Says Stamp*)
- Heffy Doodle Glubert Craft Glue (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Bold Banner Sentiment stamps (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Bold Banner Sentiment dies (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Llamazing Llamas Stamps (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Llamazing Llamas Dies (Heffy Doodle, Simon Says Stamp)
- Double Sided Adhesive Foam Strips 3mm Deep (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Memo Tape Dispenser and Refills (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Slimline Scenery Dies (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Crosswalk Stencil (Heffy Doodle)
- Distress Inks
This post was created for Heffy Doodle in my role as part of the Design Team. I may have received some of the products used in this post for free in return for creative posts. All opinions are my own and I will only recommend and post about products that I use and love!