Hello! It’s a Safari kind of day today for my blog post over on the Heffy Doodle blog. I have a trio of safari birthday cards following the same design, featuring the Two by Two Safari Animals stamps, UnbeLEAFable stencil and Forest/Amazonian Leaves dies. Add in the Circle Masquerade stencil and you have a great backdrop for any central element!
Safari Trio Birthday Cards Tutorial
Firstly, I started by inking up the background with some Mowed Lawn and Pine Needles Distress Ink. I layerd a couple of stencils – firstly, the Circle Masquerade stencil, and after a light layering of ink, I went in with the darker ink and the UnbeLEAFable stencil. This gives a wonderful backdrop for any card base.
Next, I stamped out the Zebra, Elephant and Tiger from the Two by Two Animals stamp sets onto some Alcohol Marker Friendly Cardstock and some Lawn Fawn Jet Black ink. I coloured these in with my Copic markers, making sure to give them lots of depth by using multiple markers. I die cut these with the coordinating dies.
Next, I die cut a bunch of leaves from some Wintergreen cardstock, inking them up with some of the same Distress Inks (Mowed Lawn and Pine Needles) to give them some dimension. I also die cut the Happy Birthday Jumbo Sentiment die from some Kiwi Crush cardstock and used the UnbeLEAFable stencil and some Mowed Lawn to add some leaf details to the shadow background. I die cut the main sentiment from some white cardstock.
And now for the fun part – putting them all together! I had a bit of a chain going on so I started by adhering the leaves over the circle background. A little Glubert was perfect for the job!
The remaining elements – the stenciled die cut and the animals were then popped up with a little bit of foam tape to give some added dimension.
A really adaptable design! I know mine are pretty green, but this would work with a range of colours. Try it out for yourself!
Please see below for information on the supplies used in this post. Please note, affiliate links* are used at no cost to you!
- Heffy Doodle Alcohol Marker Friendly Cardstock A5 (Heffy Doodle, Simon Says Stamp*)
- Lawn Fawn Jet Black Ink (Seven Hills Crafts, Simon Says Stamp*)
- Heffy Doodle Two By Two Safari Animals stamps (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Two By Two Safari Animals dies (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Unbeleafable Stencil (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Circle Masquerade Stencil (Simon Says Stamp*, Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Forest Leaves dies (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Amazonian Leaves dies (Heffy Doodle, Simon Says Stamp*)
- 8.5″ x 11″ Coloured Cardstock 10 Pack (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Happy Birthday Jumbo Sentiment dies (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Glubert Craft Glue (Heffy Doodle)
- 3mm Foam Tape 12mm (Heffy Doodle)
- 3mm Foam Tape 5mm (Heffy Doodle)
This post was created for Heffy Doodle in my role as part of the Design Team. I may have received some of the products used in this post for free in return for creative posts. All opinions are my own and I will only recommend and post about products that I use and love!