Don’t you just love punny cards? I’ve a friend who’s just secured herself an amazing job so I thought this card would suit her. Featuring the Sealy Friends stamp set, Leafy Laurel dies and the Congratulations Shadow Heffy Cuts, this card says it all!
Seal of Approval Card Tutorial
Firstly, I started out by stamping the two cute little seal pups and the rosette onto some Alcohol Marker Friendly Cardstock in some Lawn Fawn Jet Black ink. I coloured these in with my Copic markers, making sure to create the shadows on opposite sides so it would be symmetrical. I then cut them out with the coordinating dies.
Next, I die cut the big Leafy Laurel Circle from some Heffy Cardstock. This is great for framing a couple of die cuts like I have on this design. I also die cut some of the extra leaves, but decided that it looked better on its own. I adhered this to a white card base and popped the seals up with some foam tape.
To finish, I die cut the Congratulations Shadow Heffy Cuts with some more Heffy Cardstock, layering it and using some more foam tape to pop it up underneath the seal duo. The final touch was to stamp out the sentiment from the Sealy Friends set in some Versafine Clair Nocturne Ink.
A relatively quick and easy card to say a punny congrats!
Please see below for information on the supplies used in this post. Please note, affiliate links* are used at no cost to you!
- Heffy Doodle Sealy Friends stamps (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Sealy Friends dies (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Congratulations Shadow Cuts die (Heffy Doodle, Simon Says Stamp*)
- Heffy Doodle Leafy Laurel Circle dies (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Alcohol Marker Friendly Cardstock (Heffy Doodle, Simon Says Stamp*)
- Lawn Fawn Jet Black Ink (Seven Hills Crafts, Simon Says Stamp*)
- Heffy Doodle Cardstock (Heffy Doodle)
- Heffy Doodle Glubert Adhesive (Heffy Doodle, Simon Says Stamp*)